Indian American appointed to key Pentagon post
Washington: Indian American Vikram J Singh has been appointed to a key Pentagon position to take care of South and Southeast Asia, it was announced here.
Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta announced the Department of Defense Senior Executive Service appointments and reassignments.
Singh was appointed to the Senior Executive Service and was assigned as deputy assistant secretary of defense for South and Southeast Asia, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Policy).
He previously served as special assistant, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Policy).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra