Indian American appointed to top Yale position
Washington: The prestigious Yale University on Monday announced the appointment of Indian American academician Anjani Jain to a top university position.
Beginning on July 1, Jain will join Yale School of Management (SOM) as senior associate dean for the full-time MBA programme.
Jain has served in multiple leadership roles at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, including 10 years as vice dean of its full-time MBA programme.
His appointment comes at a time of important expansion and opportunity for Yale SOM.
The school recently introduced a Master of Advanced Management programme and participated in the launch of the Global Network for Advanced Management, a collective effort by 21 international business schools to understand the challenges posed by complex global markets.
"Anjani is highly motivated by Yale SOM`s mission to educate leaders for business and society, and I am confident he will make important contributions as the school continues to grow in scope and influence," said Dean Edward A Snyder.
As senior associate dean for the full-time MBA programme, Jain will focus on Yale`s flagship full-time MBA programme, assuming lead responsibility for admissions, career development, and student and academic services.
Jain has had a distinguished and impactful career at Wharton over the last 26 years, the university said in a statement.
For the past two years, he has been the vice dean of the MBA programme for executives, and before that, he spent ten years as vice dean of the MBA programme.
Jain has taught a range of courses and conducted important research in production and operations management, and he will contribute to the Yale SOM curriculum as a senior lecturer.
Among the many teaching and education awards he has received, Jain was recognised for his contributions to African-American students with the Howard E Mitchell Award.
Jain received a BS from the University of Indore in India, an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and a Ph D from the University of California, Los Angeles, Graduate School of Management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon