Indian-American creates world`s largest tricolour
Chicago: Exuding unflinching patriotism, an Indian-American here has created the world`s largest Indian flag, weighing 250 kg, as a symbol of peace and harmony in the
The tricolour, which stretches 153 by 102 feet, was created by entertainment businessman Monty Saiyed and has found place in Limca Book of Records in April this year.
His creation will feature at the two-day Vibrant India event to be held here on July 16 and 17 with performances from Bollywood actors and singers.
"The flag is a message of peace and unity. This is an occasion of unity where everybody should stand together and support the cause of the flag and take the honour of it," Saiyed, 35, said.
It took 15 days for seven Porbandar tailors, recruited by Saiyed, to sew this cotton flag.
After the Vibrant India event, the flag will be flown back to Navsari in Gujarat and could be used in other events in different Indian states.
"Next year, the flag will be used for the same purpose of peace and unity in different states in India," Saiyed said.
Saiyed, who is living in the US since the age of seven, said his great grandfather first came to India 1100 years ago from Medina in Saudi Arabia, when King Siddhraj Jaysingh was
the ruler settled in Navsari. His family members also run a foundation called "Gandhi Peace Mission" in Gujarat for the last 7-8 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'