Indian-American most powerful woman in California
Houston: Shefali Razdan Duggal, a top
Indian-American fundraiser at President Barack Obama`s
re-election campaign, has made it to a prestigious list of the
"most powerful and influential women" of California.
40-year-old Shefali, also a member of Obama`s
Presidential Partners, National Finance Committee (NFC) and
Northern California Finance Committee, will be formally
recognised at a ceremony on February 2.
National Diversity Council, a non-profit organisation
which champions diversity in workplace and communities, has
chosen Shefali as one of the "2012 Most Powerful and
Influential Women of California".
She is among the top fundraisers for Obama`s re-election
campaign and raised between USD 50,000 and USD 100,000.
Regarding the honour, Shefali said, "I am
absolutely humbled and honoured to have been undeservedly
recognised for my efforts within the Democratic Party.
"The National Diversity Council is a prestigious and
well-reputed organisation, and I am very grateful to have been
considered amongst such a meaningful group of individuals who
were nominated, all of which were exceedingly talented."
"I am deeply appreciative of the award and I will
attempt, to the best of my ability, to strive towards being
helpful, in some small way, to the larger community of which
we live," Shefali, who is also a member of the Democratic
National Committee, Asian-American Leadership Council and the
DNC National Steering Committee, said.
Originally from India, Shefali has been raised in
Cincinnati, Chicago, New York and Boston. She received an MA
in Political Communication from New York University and a BS
in Mass Communication from Miami University.
Earlier, Shefali, a mother of two, had been active in
Senator Obama`s 2008 Presidential campaign and had also been
associated with Senator Hillary Clinton`s Presidential
campaign where she was a member of the campaign`s Northern
California Steering Committee and the Women for Hillary
Apart from being committed to political advocacy,
Shefali has worked towards bridging the gap between India and
United States and her focus is on invigorating the South Asian
Community to become increasingly involved and devoted to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account