Indian Americans to protest against corruption
New York: The Indian American community will organise a protest demonstration against corruption and against the harassment being meted out to Janata Party president Dr Subramanian Swamy here on October 16.
A press release issued by Save India From Corruption said that the protest is being organised to express disgust and abhorrence against the unwarranted harassment of Dr Swamy, a former cabinet minister, who has emerged as the embodiment of resistance against totalitarian and corrupt system.
“The anti-corruption movement in India is the result of Dr Swamy’s efforts started as far back as 2008. He is the one person out of 1.2 billion who could nail many of the culprits of the USD 40 billion 2G scam, from Raja, Kanimozhi and many others,” the release said.
The release further accused India’s Home Minister P Chidambaram and the Crime Branch of the Delhi Police of falsely registering a case against Dr Swamy.
“Dr Swamy cannot be cowed down by adopting vindictive attitude or dictatorial techniques. In a recent poll conducted in The Times of India, 81 percent of the people said that Dr Swamy is being targeted by the UPA Government for his role in the 2G spectrum scam case.”
“In addition to filing frivolous FIRs, the government refuses to act on his request for housing in a safer environment in New Delhi to protect from Congress goons and Jihadists.”
The release said that Dr Swamy had come under attack on three different occasions between 2008 and 2011 in Chennai, Madurai and New Delhi.
It claimed that India is neither a banana republic nor a fiefdom of some dynasty. It is a full-fledged democracy in which freedom of diverse views is constitutionally guaranteed.
It said that Dr Swamy is being hounded by governmental agencies for writing an article three months ago in which he had appealed to all the Hindus to unite against the biggest challenge of the world -- Islamic terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof