Indian appointed adviser to Harvard Univ president
New York: Indian academician Krishna Palepu has been appointed as senior adviser to President of Harvard University to help guide the prestigious institution`s
Harvard President Drew Faust announced that Palepu, who
has taught at the Harvard Business School (HBS) for almost
three decades, will assume his new position of senior adviser
for global strategy immediately.
Professor of business administration and senior associate
dean for international development at HBS, Palepu will work
closely with the president to help refine and test some
operational proposals of the International Strategy Working
Group, which was convened last year to consider how to
strengthen Harvard’s international approach at the
He will also help develop a more effective and
coordinated approach to international fundraising and engage
Harvard alumni living abroad.
Faust said Palepu will be a "critical contributor to the
ongoing development of our global strategy" as he brings a
global background and perspective to his research and
Palepu said Harvard has among the world’s strongest
platforms for global teaching and research.
"I look forward to working with President Faust to craft
a more coordinated and strategic approach to Harvard?s
international engagement, supporting the expertise and
ambition of our community."
A leading expert on global business strategy, Palepu
recently co-authored `Winning in Emerging Markets: A Road Map
for Strategy and Execution`, which explores strategic issues
facing multinational corporations as they expand into emerging
HBS Dean Nitin Nohria said Palepu has been one of the
school’s most "eloquent and persuasive" voices on global
"He has substantively reshaped how we think about
leadership in a global century, with tremendous benefit for
how we do research, how we teach, and how we learn."
Palepu joined the HBS faculty in 1983.
He received his doctorate in management from the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, holds a master’s degree
in physics from Andhra University and has done postgraduate
work at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
Palepu has an honorary doctorate from the Helsinki School
of Economics and Business Administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL