Indian Army begins exercise in Rajasthan
New Delhi: Indian Army on Monday began a mega
exercise in northern Rajasthan to test the operational
effectiveness of concepts derived during its transformational
The six day-long Exercise `Vijayee Bhava` with
participation from mechanized forces, tank units and infantry
troop would match their fighting skills with the air and
"Working towards a capability based approach, Indian
Army has started a series of transformational initiative to
include war fighting concepts, organizational structure and
absorption of new technology," army officials said here today.
"The exercise would be conducted with precision
munition and advance surveillance systems to achieve a greater
degree of network centric capability," they added.
The exercise would take place in the overall command
of Ambala based Kharga Corps which would monitor the simulated
movements of both strike and pivot corps.
"During the exercise, the combat decisions taken at
each level of command will be analyzed further to achieve
optimum results," officials added.
Thrust of the exercise would be the transformation of
Indian Army into a lean, agile and enabled force focusing on
improving the abilities of its fighting troops in a
technological advance atmosphere with best available logistics
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says