Indian Army begins exercise in Rajasthan
New Delhi: Indian Army on Monday began a mega
exercise in northern Rajasthan to test the operational
effectiveness of concepts derived during its transformational
The six day-long Exercise `Vijayee Bhava` with
participation from mechanized forces, tank units and infantry
troop would match their fighting skills with the air and
"Working towards a capability based approach, Indian
Army has started a series of transformational initiative to
include war fighting concepts, organizational structure and
absorption of new technology," army officials said here today.
"The exercise would be conducted with precision
munition and advance surveillance systems to achieve a greater
degree of network centric capability," they added.
The exercise would take place in the overall command
of Ambala based Kharga Corps which would monitor the simulated
movements of both strike and pivot corps.
"During the exercise, the combat decisions taken at
each level of command will be analyzed further to achieve
optimum results," officials added.
Thrust of the exercise would be the transformation of
Indian Army into a lean, agile and enabled force focusing on
improving the abilities of its fighting troops in a
technological advance atmosphere with best available logistics
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand