Indian Army chief made honorary general of Nepal Army
Kathmandu: Indian Army Chief, General Deepak Kapoor, was decorated with the honorary rank of General of the Nepal Army by President Ram Baran Yadav here on Thursday.
The President presented the Nepal General`s ceremonial sword, peak cap and insignia to General Kapoor.
General Kapoor was conferred the honorary title of General of the Nepal Army upholding a six-decade long tradition between the Indian and Nepali Armies.
Nepal`s Defence Minister Bidhya Bhandari, Nepal`s Army Chief General Chhatraman Singh Gurung and Indian Ambassador to Nepal Rakesh Sood were among the dignitaries present on the occasion.
"I hope that this visit will help resume the military cooperation. Indian Army Chief said during the meeting that India is bound to extend any military assistance to Nepal," said Bhandari.
General Kapoor, who is on his four-day goodwill visit, also called on Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal.
Earlier, Indian President Pratibha Devisingh Patil had conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army on Nepal`s chief of army staff, General Gurung during the latter`s visit to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price