Indian Army chief made honorary general of Nepal Army
Kathmandu: Indian Army Chief, General Deepak Kapoor, was decorated with the honorary rank of General of the Nepal Army by President Ram Baran Yadav here on Thursday.
The President presented the Nepal General`s ceremonial sword, peak cap and insignia to General Kapoor.
General Kapoor was conferred the honorary title of General of the Nepal Army upholding a six-decade long tradition between the Indian and Nepali Armies.
Nepal`s Defence Minister Bidhya Bhandari, Nepal`s Army Chief General Chhatraman Singh Gurung and Indian Ambassador to Nepal Rakesh Sood were among the dignitaries present on the occasion.
"I hope that this visit will help resume the military cooperation. Indian Army Chief said during the meeting that India is bound to extend any military assistance to Nepal," said Bhandari.
General Kapoor, who is on his four-day goodwill visit, also called on Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal.
Earlier, Indian President Pratibha Devisingh Patil had conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army on Nepal`s chief of army staff, General Gurung during the latter`s visit to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore