Indian boy dies in Qatar
Dubai: A five-year-old Indian boy died in Qatar, a week after falling into a manhole, a newspaper reported Wednesday.
Doctors at Hamad Hospital in Doha declared Fahim Sirajudeen dead Tuesday night, The Peninsula said.
According to the report, the boy`s family, from Tamil Nadu, had gone to a fish market Sep 9 when the incident took place.
While returning home, Fahim rushed to catch up with the rest of the family and fell into a sewage maintenance hole in Abu Hamour area.
He was rescued by people and rushed to the hospital.
The victim`s father works as an accountant at a private firm in Doha, and the family had come to Qatar to visit him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply