Indian bureaucracy is the ‘most dangerous animal in world’: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi: India`s bureaucracy was "the most dangerous animal in the world", Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday.
He was speaking at a event organised by an eye hospital to mark a camp it conducted in Jharkhand`s Saranda forest, considered a stronghold of Maoist guerrillas, in January.
The minister made the remark to laud Ranchi`s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for treating around 1,000 patients inside the guerrilla zone without the government`s support.
"In this world, the most dangerous animal is Indian bureaucracy and Dr. Bharti Kashyap (the hospital`s director) is the only their remedy," the minister said.
Governor Syed Ahmad was the event`s chief guest.
Kashyap told IANS that during the camp they found over 30 percent of the population suffering from cataract and around 250 people were operated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read