Indian bureaucracy is the ‘most dangerous animal in world’: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi: India`s bureaucracy was "the most dangerous animal in the world", Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday.
He was speaking at a event organised by an eye hospital to mark a camp it conducted in Jharkhand`s Saranda forest, considered a stronghold of Maoist guerrillas, in January.
The minister made the remark to laud Ranchi`s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for treating around 1,000 patients inside the guerrilla zone without the government`s support.
"In this world, the most dangerous animal is Indian bureaucracy and Dr. Bharti Kashyap (the hospital`s director) is the only their remedy," the minister said.
Governor Syed Ahmad was the event`s chief guest.
Kashyap told IANS that during the camp they found over 30 percent of the population suffering from cataract and around 250 people were operated upon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!