Indian bureaucracy is the ‘most dangerous animal in world’: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi: India`s bureaucracy was "the most dangerous animal in the world", Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday.
He was speaking at a event organised by an eye hospital to mark a camp it conducted in Jharkhand`s Saranda forest, considered a stronghold of Maoist guerrillas, in January.
The minister made the remark to laud Ranchi`s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for treating around 1,000 patients inside the guerrilla zone without the government`s support.
"In this world, the most dangerous animal is Indian bureaucracy and Dr. Bharti Kashyap (the hospital`s director) is the only their remedy," the minister said.
Governor Syed Ahmad was the event`s chief guest.
Kashyap told IANS that during the camp they found over 30 percent of the population suffering from cataract and around 250 people were operated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video