Indian bureaucracy is the ‘most dangerous animal in world’: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi: India`s bureaucracy was "the most dangerous animal in the world", Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday.
He was speaking at a event organised by an eye hospital to mark a camp it conducted in Jharkhand`s Saranda forest, considered a stronghold of Maoist guerrillas, in January.
The minister made the remark to laud Ranchi`s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for treating around 1,000 patients inside the guerrilla zone without the government`s support.
"In this world, the most dangerous animal is Indian bureaucracy and Dr. Bharti Kashyap (the hospital`s director) is the only their remedy," the minister said.
Governor Syed Ahmad was the event`s chief guest.
Kashyap told IANS that during the camp they found over 30 percent of the population suffering from cataract and around 250 people were operated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A time of goodness, justice and peace is now going to begin in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
- US, Vietnam agree to allow Peace Corps into Vietnam for first time
- NEET: President Pranab Mukherjee signs Centre's Ordinance on uniform medical entrance examination
- Good news! Soon, you can shop online and pay through Bitcoins
- Whoa! Rani Mukerji, baby Adira set to star in Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre'?