Indian bureaucracy is the ‘most dangerous animal in world’: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi: India`s bureaucracy was "the most dangerous animal in the world", Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday.
He was speaking at a event organised by an eye hospital to mark a camp it conducted in Jharkhand`s Saranda forest, considered a stronghold of Maoist guerrillas, in January.
The minister made the remark to laud Ranchi`s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for treating around 1,000 patients inside the guerrilla zone without the government`s support.
"In this world, the most dangerous animal is Indian bureaucracy and Dr. Bharti Kashyap (the hospital`s director) is the only their remedy," the minister said.
Governor Syed Ahmad was the event`s chief guest.
Kashyap told IANS that during the camp they found over 30 percent of the population suffering from cataract and around 250 people were operated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29