Indian charged with killing Singaporean-Indian woman of in Australia
Melbourne: A 31-year-old Indian-origin man was today charged with the brutal murder of a student from Singapore, also of Indian descent, at a hotel in Australia.
Senthill Kumar Arumugam?allegedly stabbed Meena Narayanan (27) to death near a shopping centre in Brisbane yesterday.
The duo was reportedly about to marry.
Arumugam was formally charged during a bedside hearing at Princess Alexandra Hospital.
The stab wounds on Narayanan`s body were one of the most brutal attacks seen, the Courier-Mail reported today.
Police recovered her body after getting a call from a staff at the hotel.
Arumugam was also found with wounds suspected to be self-inflicted and taken to the hospital where his condition was stated to be serious.
Police seized a knife from the crime scene and are now being assisted by family members of the victim in the investigation, said Detective Inspector Tod Reid.
"Her family are quite distraught obviously and we are speaking with them at the moment to gather background as to why this incident happened," Reid said.
Narayanan was living in Brisbane while studying at Queensland University of Technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you