Indian, Chinese armies exercise heliborne operation
New Delhi: India and Chinese Army contingents on Thursday rehearsed "special heliborne operations" as part of training exercise `Hand in Hand` 2013 being held south of Chengdu in Sichuan province.
According to an official statement, the two contingents familiarised and learned from each other’s drills on special heliborne operations.
"The exercise progressively moved on to the next phase wherein special heliborne operations were rehearsed today (Thursday) by mixed companies of the two nations participating in the exercise," the statement said.
It said rehearsals on slithering were initially carried out from a static platform and later from two helicopters.
"The companies were divided into sticks (small teams) fully equipped to operate in counter-terrorism environment. These special operations will be used for establishing outer cordon or house intervention during the live exercise on cordon and search operations to be held in the later phases," the statement said.
It said physical training and endurance were also being focused upon and the participants were playing outdoor games in mixed teams to foster quicker friendship and understanding.
A total of about 320 soldiers from the two countries are taking part in the exercise that began Tuesday to enhance their counter-terrorism skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened