Indian, Chinese armies hold border meeting in Ladakh
New Delhi: Indian Army troops on Tuesday crossed the Line of Actual Control in Chushul in Ladakh to hold a border meeting with the Chinese Army on the occasion of their 64th national day.
During the meeting, the Indian side is understood to have discussed the issue of transgression by Chinese troops into Indian territory.
"The Chinese side had invited their Indian counterparts in response to our initiative of inviting the Chinese delegation to the Border Personnel Meeting conducted at the Indian side on the occasion of the 67th Independence Day in August," an Army official said here.
"The interaction will go a long way in maintaining peace and tranquility on the Sino-Indian borders between the two Armies, thus cementing ties between the two nations," the official said.
The two sides have been holding such meetings regularly since 1991 to maintain peace and tranquility on the LAC through the forums of flag meetings and BPMs.
During the event, Chinese cultural heritage was displayed that included various cultural programmes by the Chinese troupe, officials said.
The two sides are also planning to have more such meeting points apart from the existing ones in Chushul, Bum La and Nathula. India wants at least two more such meeting points including one in Kibithu in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'