Indian, Chinese armies hold border meeting in Ladakh
New Delhi: Indian Army troops on Tuesday crossed the Line of Actual Control in Chushul in Ladakh to hold a border meeting with the Chinese Army on the occasion of their 64th national day.
During the meeting, the Indian side is understood to have discussed the issue of transgression by Chinese troops into Indian territory.
"The Chinese side had invited their Indian counterparts in response to our initiative of inviting the Chinese delegation to the Border Personnel Meeting conducted at the Indian side on the occasion of the 67th Independence Day in August," an Army official said here.
"The interaction will go a long way in maintaining peace and tranquility on the Sino-Indian borders between the two Armies, thus cementing ties between the two nations," the official said.
The two sides have been holding such meetings regularly since 1991 to maintain peace and tranquility on the LAC through the forums of flag meetings and BPMs.
During the event, Chinese cultural heritage was displayed that included various cultural programmes by the Chinese troupe, officials said.
The two sides are also planning to have more such meeting points apart from the existing ones in Chushul, Bum La and Nathula. India wants at least two more such meeting points including one in Kibithu in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL