Indian, Chinese border personnel meet on Independence Day
Guwahati: A special Border Personnel Meeting between India and China was held to celebrate Independence Day at the historic `Maitri Sthal` at the Bum La pass in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
A large contingent of the Chinese Army personnel along with their families came over to the Indian side of the border as part of the special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM).
A large number of civilian visitors from both sides also came to witness the Independence Day celebrations, which included a grand cultural programme depicting the rich cultural diversity of India, a defence press release said today.
Despite the language barrier, people from both sides interacted with each other in a friendly and cordial environment and cheerfully posed for photographs on the special occasion.
The BPMs between the two armies serve as a vital platform for resolving local issues and fostering confidence amongst the two nations with a view to enhance peace in the sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report