Indian, Chinese border personnel meet on Independence Day
Guwahati: A special Border Personnel Meeting between India and China was held to celebrate Independence Day at the historic `Maitri Sthal` at the Bum La pass in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
A large contingent of the Chinese Army personnel along with their families came over to the Indian side of the border as part of the special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM).
A large number of civilian visitors from both sides also came to witness the Independence Day celebrations, which included a grand cultural programme depicting the rich cultural diversity of India, a defence press release said today.
Despite the language barrier, people from both sides interacted with each other in a friendly and cordial environment and cheerfully posed for photographs on the special occasion.
The BPMs between the two armies serve as a vital platform for resolving local issues and fostering confidence amongst the two nations with a view to enhance peace in the sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video