Indian, Chinese border personnel meet on Independence Day
Guwahati: A special Border Personnel Meeting between India and China was held to celebrate Independence Day at the historic `Maitri Sthal` at the Bum La pass in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
A large contingent of the Chinese Army personnel along with their families came over to the Indian side of the border as part of the special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM).
A large number of civilian visitors from both sides also came to witness the Independence Day celebrations, which included a grand cultural programme depicting the rich cultural diversity of India, a defence press release said today.
Despite the language barrier, people from both sides interacted with each other in a friendly and cordial environment and cheerfully posed for photographs on the special occasion.
The BPMs between the two armies serve as a vital platform for resolving local issues and fostering confidence amongst the two nations with a view to enhance peace in the sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion