Indian, Chinese troops meet at LAC in Ladakh
Jammu: Despite a chill in India-China relations, a delegation of Indian troops met their Chinese counterparts in Chishul sector on the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir Friday as part of the border personnel meeting schedule.
Troops from both the sides meet each other six times a year and exchange greetings on the occasion of national festivals like May Day, China`s national day, and India`s Republic and Independence days, a defence official here said.
A "border personnel meeting was organized between India and China at Chinese Flag Meeting Hut on the Chinese side to celebrate the 61st anniversary of the People`s Republic of China", the official said in a statement.
The Indian delegation, led by Brig. Ajay Kumar, was received by Chinese Senior Colonel Awang Yang Pei.
After the reception, the Chinese national flag was hoisted and both the Chinese and Indian delegations saluted the flag.
"In the formal meeting, held in an atmosphere of mutual trust and camaraderie, greetings were exchanged by both the sides. Both sides agreed to contribute towards peace, stability and development of the region in consonance with border peace and tranquility agreements signed between the two countries," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla