Indian, Chinese troops meet at LAC in Ladakh
Jammu: Despite a chill in India-China relations, a delegation of Indian troops met their Chinese counterparts in Chishul sector on the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir Friday as part of the border personnel meeting schedule.
Troops from both the sides meet each other six times a year and exchange greetings on the occasion of national festivals like May Day, China`s national day, and India`s Republic and Independence days, a defence official here said.
A "border personnel meeting was organized between India and China at Chinese Flag Meeting Hut on the Chinese side to celebrate the 61st anniversary of the People`s Republic of China", the official said in a statement.
The Indian delegation, led by Brig. Ajay Kumar, was received by Chinese Senior Colonel Awang Yang Pei.
After the reception, the Chinese national flag was hoisted and both the Chinese and Indian delegations saluted the flag.
"In the formal meeting, held in an atmosphere of mutual trust and camaraderie, greetings were exchanged by both the sides. Both sides agreed to contribute towards peace, stability and development of the region in consonance with border peace and tranquility agreements signed between the two countries," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31