Indian Consulate in Atlanta to be partially operational on Oct 1
Washington: The new Indian Consulate in Atlanta will start its services partially from October 01, the Indian embassy has announced.
"The Consulate General of India in Atlanta will start its Passport/Misc Services operations with effect from 1st of October, 2012," the Indian embassy said in a media advisory.
"Visa/OCI (Overseas Citizens of India)/PIO (People of Indian Origin) services at CGI Atlanta will commence at a later date," it said.
The Atlanta Consulate would cater to the needs of people of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virgin Islands, the embassy said, as it redistributed the jurisdictions of its diplomatic missions in the US, which would come into force from October 01.
This new consular jurisdictions would be valid for Passport/Misc Services operations and Consular outreach activities only, the official statement said.
Indian Consulate in New York would cater to the need of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming would fall under the jurisdiction of San Francisco Consulate.
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin would fall under the jurisdiction of Chicago Consulate.
The Houston Consulate would cater to the needs of Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Nebraska.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...