Indian Consulate in Atlanta to be partially operational on Oct 1
Washington: The new Indian Consulate in Atlanta will start its services partially from October 01, the Indian embassy has announced.
"The Consulate General of India in Atlanta will start its Passport/Misc Services operations with effect from 1st of October, 2012," the Indian embassy said in a media advisory.
"Visa/OCI (Overseas Citizens of India)/PIO (People of Indian Origin) services at CGI Atlanta will commence at a later date," it said.
The Atlanta Consulate would cater to the needs of people of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virgin Islands, the embassy said, as it redistributed the jurisdictions of its diplomatic missions in the US, which would come into force from October 01.
This new consular jurisdictions would be valid for Passport/Misc Services operations and Consular outreach activities only, the official statement said.
Indian Consulate in New York would cater to the need of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming would fall under the jurisdiction of San Francisco Consulate.
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin would fall under the jurisdiction of Chicago Consulate.
The Houston Consulate would cater to the needs of Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Nebraska.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened