Indian Consulate in Atlanta to be partially operational on Oct 1
Washington: The new Indian Consulate in Atlanta will start its services partially from October 01, the Indian embassy has announced.
"The Consulate General of India in Atlanta will start its Passport/Misc Services operations with effect from 1st of October, 2012," the Indian embassy said in a media advisory.
"Visa/OCI (Overseas Citizens of India)/PIO (People of Indian Origin) services at CGI Atlanta will commence at a later date," it said.
The Atlanta Consulate would cater to the needs of people of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virgin Islands, the embassy said, as it redistributed the jurisdictions of its diplomatic missions in the US, which would come into force from October 01.
This new consular jurisdictions would be valid for Passport/Misc Services operations and Consular outreach activities only, the official statement said.
Indian Consulate in New York would cater to the need of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming would fall under the jurisdiction of San Francisco Consulate.
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin would fall under the jurisdiction of Chicago Consulate.
The Houston Consulate would cater to the needs of Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Nebraska.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster