Indian dentist`s father seeks public inquiry into her death
Belgaum (Karnataka): The anguished father of the Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar, who died in Ireland last year after being denied abortion, on Saturday demanded a public inquiry into the tragic death of his daughter to bring the facts into the open.
Refusing to accept the apology tendered by the Irish Hospital where his daughter breathed her last, Andaneppa Yalgi insisted a public inquiry be held.
Terming as "one-sided" the report submitted by the committee formed by the Irish government to probe Savita`s death, Yalgi told reporters here that until the Irish government thoroughly probes his daughter`s death, "the family will keep insisting on detailed public inquiry".
Yalgi said both he and his wife were in Ireland during Savita`s pregnancy for four months and returned to India just a couple of days before their daughter was admitted to the hospital but not before making sure that her husband was by the side of Savita.
"Our main concern is that the committee appointed by the Irish government never contacted us, Savita`s family including her husband".
Even her husband has rejected the report submitted by the committee, Yalgi said.
Subsequent to Savita`s death last December, the Irish government legalised abortion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'