Indian diaspora to fast in US to root out corruption in India
New York: Two organisations representing
people of Indian-origin here are planning to launch a mass
movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of Indian
diaspora against the "massive corruption" in their homeland.
The Friends of India Society of International (FISI)
and Bharat Swahiman Overseas (BSO) are planning to launch a
mass movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of overseas
Indians against the massive corruption, according to Bhishma
Kumar Agnihotri, former Ambassador-at-Large of India.
He said FISI would bring together friends of India
worldwide in order to safeguard the India and people of Indian
origin living outside India.
BSO is inspired by the Bharat Swabhiman movement of
To start with, the organisations are planning a public
fasting on June 4 across the US similar to the one planned in
Fasting at least one day is part of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what