Indian diaspora to fast in US to root out corruption in India
New York: Two organisations representing
people of Indian-origin here are planning to launch a mass
movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of Indian
diaspora against the "massive corruption" in their homeland.
The Friends of India Society of International (FISI)
and Bharat Swahiman Overseas (BSO) are planning to launch a
mass movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of overseas
Indians against the massive corruption, according to Bhishma
Kumar Agnihotri, former Ambassador-at-Large of India.
He said FISI would bring together friends of India
worldwide in order to safeguard the India and people of Indian
origin living outside India.
BSO is inspired by the Bharat Swabhiman movement of
To start with, the organisations are planning a public
fasting on June 4 across the US similar to the one planned in
Fasting at least one day is part of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter