Indian diaspora to fast in US to root out corruption in India
New York: Two organisations representing
people of Indian-origin here are planning to launch a mass
movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of Indian
diaspora against the "massive corruption" in their homeland.
The Friends of India Society of International (FISI)
and Bharat Swahiman Overseas (BSO) are planning to launch a
mass movement and fast to awaken the consciousness of overseas
Indians against the massive corruption, according to Bhishma
Kumar Agnihotri, former Ambassador-at-Large of India.
He said FISI would bring together friends of India
worldwide in order to safeguard the India and people of Indian
origin living outside India.
BSO is inspired by the Bharat Swabhiman movement of
To start with, the organisations are planning a public
fasting on June 4 across the US similar to the one planned in
Fasting at least one day is part of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender