Indian dies of swine flu in Saudi Arabia
Dubai: An Indian expatriate was among three
persons who became the latest victims of swine flu in Saudi
Arabia, taking the death toll from the disease to 14 in the
Three new deaths attributed to swine flu were reported
"in different parts of the Kingdom" bringing the toll in Saudi
Arabia to 14, the Ministry of Health announced yesterday.
The Indian man died of the disease on Thursday.
"The first two cases are Saudis, one a woman of 28 and
the other a girl of 11. Both died on Friday while the third
case was an Indian who died a day earlier," the ministry said,
according to Arab News.
The ministry said the intensity of the H1N1 virus in the
country was still "mild" with most infected people recovering.
The government has issued an advisory to citizens on
avoiding crowds, covering mouths and noses when coughing or
sneezing and seeking medical attention quickly after flu
Saudi Arabia has also stepped up precautionary measures
and surveillance ahead of Ramadan, when thousands of people
arrive in Mecca on a pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video