Indian Diplomat`s parents claim he is `innocent`
New Delhi: Claiming that he is "innocent",
parents of Indian diplomat Anil Verma, who has been
transferred back to India from London following allegations of
wife-beating, today sought a transparent probe into the
charges against their son.
Verma`s parents Ayodhya and Premlata Verma, who live in
Varanasi, told news channels that his marriage to Indian
Railways Service officer Paromita was an unhappy one.
Both his father and mother levelled allegations against
Paromita, claiming that their son was innocent.
The diplomat has been in the eye of a storm ever since
Paromita was found screaming by neighbours outside their
London residence with blood streaming from her nose.
Verma has asked the UK government to produce his wife,
who has gone into hiding along with their five-year-old son,
insisting he will return to India with them.
Verma, Minister (economic) and the third senior-most
officer in the Indian High Commission, has been transferred
back and the External Affairs Ministry today said that it has
taken a serious view of the matter which will be "thoroughly
investigated and acted upon appropriately".
British police rushed to his residence following
the complaint of domestic violence but Verma cited diplomatic
immunity and escaped action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation