Indian doctor in medical team assisting Britain`s royal birth
London: There was an Indian connection in the delivery of Britain`s new prince, who is third in line to the throne.
One of the doctors present at the birth of Prince William and wife Kate Middleton`s first child was Sunit Godambe, who grew up in Mumbai.
Godambe is a consultant neonatologist at St Mary`s Hospital in west London, where Kate yesterday gave birth to the baby boy after more than 10 hours of labour, The Daily Express reported.
The 31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge was cared for by a top medical team led by Queen Elizabeth II`s former gynaecologist Marcus Setchell.
69-year-old Setchell was in charge of the birth.
Besides Godambe and Setchell, obstetrician Guy Thorpe-Beeston, a specialist in high-risk pregnancies, was present at the birth of the future king of Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa