Indian doctor in medical team assisting Britain`s royal birth
London: There was an Indian connection in the delivery of Britain`s new prince, who is third in line to the throne.
One of the doctors present at the birth of Prince William and wife Kate Middleton`s first child was Sunit Godambe, who grew up in Mumbai.
Godambe is a consultant neonatologist at St Mary`s Hospital in west London, where Kate yesterday gave birth to the baby boy after more than 10 hours of labour, The Daily Express reported.
The 31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge was cared for by a top medical team led by Queen Elizabeth II`s former gynaecologist Marcus Setchell.
69-year-old Setchell was in charge of the birth.
Besides Godambe and Setchell, obstetrician Guy Thorpe-Beeston, a specialist in high-risk pregnancies, was present at the birth of the future king of Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred