Indian Embassy in Italy gets IED by post
New Delhi: In an intriguing incident, Indian
Embassy in Italy received an IED in the form of a postage
packet a few days back prompting stepping up of security at
The packet which had the sender`s name as LTTE from
Italy, was received at the Embassy on January 20, Ambassador
Arif Khan said.
The envelope addressed to the Embassy of India in Italy
contained two fuse wires which aroused suspicion. The police
was immediately informed and a report was filed, he said.
Police is investigating the incident, Khan said, adding
that the security at the Embassy has been stepped up in view
of this incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez