Indian embassy in Kuwait starts helpline for immigrants
Dubai: Indian embassy in Kuwait has set up a
24-hour helpline for its nationals in order to assist them in
immigration and other matters.
A help desk has been set up in the embassy premises which
will guide Indians about immigration procedures, employment
and legal issues in the country. The services would be
provided by Kuwait Union of Domestic Labour Offices, a
statement released by the embassy said.
The embassy is already providing services including
shelters for Indian workers in distress and free legal advice
from Kuwaiti lawyers.
"The increase in visitors from Kuwait to India due to our
expanding bilateral interaction and the growing size of the
Indian community here have necessitated a strengthened
consular response by our Embassy," Ajai Malhotra, India`s
ambassador to Kuwait said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why