Indian embassy in Kuwait starts helpline for immigrants
Dubai: Indian embassy in Kuwait has set up a
24-hour helpline for its nationals in order to assist them in
immigration and other matters.
A help desk has been set up in the embassy premises which
will guide Indians about immigration procedures, employment
and legal issues in the country. The services would be
provided by Kuwait Union of Domestic Labour Offices, a
statement released by the embassy said.
The embassy is already providing services including
shelters for Indian workers in distress and free legal advice
from Kuwaiti lawyers.
"The increase in visitors from Kuwait to India due to our
expanding bilateral interaction and the growing size of the
Indian community here have necessitated a strengthened
consular response by our Embassy," Ajai Malhotra, India`s
ambassador to Kuwait said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest