Indian Embassy in US joins Facebook
Washington: The Indian Embassy here on Monday launched its Facebook page to reach out to the community, which has among the highest penetration of internet among all the ethnic communities in the US.
The endeavor of the Indian Embassy is part of the effort of its Ambassador Meera Shankar to reach out to the ever increasing and vibrant Indian-American community.
"We are happy to announce the launch of the Facebook account of the Embassy. The address is http://www.facebook. com/pages/Embassy-of-India-Washington-DC/164730746912290," Embassy spokesman Virander Paul said in a statement.
"Please join the group and also invite other `friends of India` to join," he said.
One of the first few messages is about the "Maximum India" festival being launched by the Kennedy Center from March 1.
"Join and enjoy the splendor of `maximum India` – a mega festival hosted by John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in cooperation with the Indian Council for
Cultural Relations and Embassy of India, Washington DC from March 1-20, 2011," the Embassy said.
The Indian Embassy in Washington had recently revamped its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users