Indian Embassy in US joins Facebook
Washington: The Indian Embassy here on Monday launched its Facebook page to reach out to the community, which has among the highest penetration of internet among all the ethnic communities in the US.
The endeavor of the Indian Embassy is part of the effort of its Ambassador Meera Shankar to reach out to the ever increasing and vibrant Indian-American community.
"We are happy to announce the launch of the Facebook account of the Embassy. The address is http://www.facebook. com/pages/Embassy-of-India-Washington-DC/164730746912290," Embassy spokesman Virander Paul said in a statement.
"Please join the group and also invite other `friends of India` to join," he said.
One of the first few messages is about the "Maximum India" festival being launched by the Kennedy Center from March 1.
"Join and enjoy the splendor of `maximum India` – a mega festival hosted by John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in cooperation with the Indian Council for
Cultural Relations and Embassy of India, Washington DC from March 1-20, 2011," the Embassy said.
The Indian Embassy in Washington had recently revamped its website.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler