Indian Embassy in US joins Facebook
Washington: The Indian Embassy here on Monday launched its Facebook page to reach out to the community, which has among the highest penetration of internet among all the ethnic communities in the US.
The endeavor of the Indian Embassy is part of the effort of its Ambassador Meera Shankar to reach out to the ever increasing and vibrant Indian-American community.
"We are happy to announce the launch of the Facebook account of the Embassy. The address is http://www.facebook. com/pages/Embassy-of-India-Washington-DC/164730746912290," Embassy spokesman Virander Paul said in a statement.
"Please join the group and also invite other `friends of India` to join," he said.
One of the first few messages is about the "Maximum India" festival being launched by the Kennedy Center from March 1.
"Join and enjoy the splendor of `maximum India` – a mega festival hosted by John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in cooperation with the Indian Council for
Cultural Relations and Embassy of India, Washington DC from March 1-20, 2011," the Embassy said.
The Indian Embassy in Washington had recently revamped its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Twitter modifies 140-character limit, gives a bit more space to tweet!
- Tech Mahindra becomes 3rd entity to quit payments bank plan; cites margin concerns
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits