Indian Embassy in US joins Facebook
Washington: The Indian Embassy here on Monday launched its Facebook page to reach out to the community, which has among the highest penetration of internet among all the ethnic communities in the US.
The endeavor of the Indian Embassy is part of the effort of its Ambassador Meera Shankar to reach out to the ever increasing and vibrant Indian-American community.
"We are happy to announce the launch of the Facebook account of the Embassy. The address is http://www.facebook. com/pages/Embassy-of-India-Washington-DC/164730746912290," Embassy spokesman Virander Paul said in a statement.
"Please join the group and also invite other `friends of India` to join," he said.
One of the first few messages is about the "Maximum India" festival being launched by the Kennedy Center from March 1.
"Join and enjoy the splendor of `maximum India` – a mega festival hosted by John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in cooperation with the Indian Council for
Cultural Relations and Embassy of India, Washington DC from March 1-20, 2011," the Embassy said.
The Indian Embassy in Washington had recently revamped its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year
- J&K govt orders probe into Humhama land grabbing issue