Indian envoy meets Prachanda; raises BIPPA issue
Kathmandu: A day after senior Nepal Minister raised objections to a key bilateral investment promotion agreement, India`s top envoy here met Maoist chief Prachanda and is understood to have raised the issue.
The meeting between Prachanda and Ambassador Jayant Prasad comes a day after Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Narayan Kaji Shrestha, raised objection to signing of Bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (BIPPA) with India.
Prasad is understood to have showed concern over the objection over BIPPA, which was signed by their party Vice Chairman and Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai.
Shrestha had said that all the treaties and agreements signed with India, including BIPPA by Bhattarai should be rectified as they could affect the national sovereignty.
Meanwhile, Prachanda assured Prasad that his party would try to forge consensus with major political parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML to end the current political deadlock.
Prasad met Maoist chief Prachanda at the party office at Parisdanda in the outskirts of the national capital to enquire about the current political situation of Nepal, according to the official sources.
Issues like Constituent Assembly election, ongoing peace process, current political situation and formation of a national consensus government figured in the meeting, Maoist spokesman Krishna Bahadur Mahara sid.
During the talks, Prachand assured the Indian envoy that his party would try to forge consensus with major political parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML to end the current political deadlock.
He said that efforts will be made to reach agreement with other political parties to hold election and to sort out contentious issues of the constitution, according to Mahara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly