Indian faces death penalty for killing fellow countryman
Singapore: An Indian construction worker
here faces death penalty after being charged for murdering his
fellow countryman, local media reported Wednesday.
Periyasamy Devarajan, 20, was alleged to have caused the
death of Raju Arivazhagan, 31, early on February 8, 2012, The
Straits Times reported today.
Periyasamy was in remand for a week for further
investigations into the murder case which carries a mandatory
Arivazhagan was working in Singapore for past six years.
He went missing on Tuesday last after celebrating the
South Indian Hindu festival of Thaipusam in the Little India
Later, his body was recovered by police from under a
flyover last Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living