Indian faces death penalty for killing fellow countryman
Singapore: An Indian construction worker
here faces death penalty after being charged for murdering his
fellow countryman, local media reported Wednesday.
Periyasamy Devarajan, 20, was alleged to have caused the
death of Raju Arivazhagan, 31, early on February 8, 2012, The
Straits Times reported today.
Periyasamy was in remand for a week for further
investigations into the murder case which carries a mandatory
Arivazhagan was working in Singapore for past six years.
He went missing on Tuesday last after celebrating the
South Indian Hindu festival of Thaipusam in the Little India
Later, his body was recovered by police from under a
flyover last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'