Indian faces death penalty for killing fellow countryman
Singapore: An Indian construction worker
here faces death penalty after being charged for murdering his
fellow countryman, local media reported Wednesday.
Periyasamy Devarajan, 20, was alleged to have caused the
death of Raju Arivazhagan, 31, early on February 8, 2012, The
Straits Times reported today.
Periyasamy was in remand for a week for further
investigations into the murder case which carries a mandatory
Arivazhagan was working in Singapore for past six years.
He went missing on Tuesday last after celebrating the
South Indian Hindu festival of Thaipusam in the Little India
Later, his body was recovered by police from under a
flyover last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal