Indian faces death penalty for killing fellow countryman
Singapore: An Indian construction worker
here faces death penalty after being charged for murdering his
fellow countryman, local media reported Wednesday.
Periyasamy Devarajan, 20, was alleged to have caused the
death of Raju Arivazhagan, 31, early on February 8, 2012, The
Straits Times reported today.
Periyasamy was in remand for a week for further
investigations into the murder case which carries a mandatory
Arivazhagan was working in Singapore for past six years.
He went missing on Tuesday last after celebrating the
South Indian Hindu festival of Thaipusam in the Little India
Later, his body was recovered by police from under a
flyover last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical