Indian faces death penalty for killing fellow countryman
Singapore: An Indian construction worker
here faces death penalty after being charged for murdering his
fellow countryman, local media reported Wednesday.
Periyasamy Devarajan, 20, was alleged to have caused the
death of Raju Arivazhagan, 31, early on February 8, 2012, The
Straits Times reported today.
Periyasamy was in remand for a week for further
investigations into the murder case which carries a mandatory
Arivazhagan was working in Singapore for past six years.
He went missing on Tuesday last after celebrating the
South Indian Hindu festival of Thaipusam in the Little India
Later, his body was recovered by police from under a
flyover last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof