Indian family ends life over financial woes in Dubai
Dubai: Three members of an Indian family in Dubai – a mother and two children – committed suicide but the father who tried to hang himself survived with injuries, police said.
The 38-year-old Indian woman, her 22-year-old son from an earlier marriage and her 20-year-old sister hanged themselves on Wednesday in their residence in Karama, a predominantly Indian locality, in an apparent suicide pact.
Financial problems were behind the tragedy, according to a note left by the family.
The locality next to the popular Lulu centre, owned by an Indian expatriate businessman, was abuzz with personnel from fire forces and police who received a call about the tragedy.
The woman`s husband who runs a business has been rushed to the hospital and is also being questioned by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam
- Pokemon Go mania causes international incident on US border
- What makes an online dater successful!
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped