Indian family ends life over financial woes in Dubai
Dubai: Three members of an Indian family in Dubai – a mother and two children – committed suicide but the father who tried to hang himself survived with injuries, police said.
The 38-year-old Indian woman, her 22-year-old son from an earlier marriage and her 20-year-old sister hanged themselves on Wednesday in their residence in Karama, a predominantly Indian locality, in an apparent suicide pact.
Financial problems were behind the tragedy, according to a note left by the family.
The locality next to the popular Lulu centre, owned by an Indian expatriate businessman, was abuzz with personnel from fire forces and police who received a call about the tragedy.
The woman`s husband who runs a business has been rushed to the hospital and is also being questioned by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics