Indian family ends life over financial woes in Dubai
Dubai: Three members of an Indian family in Dubai – a mother and two children – committed suicide but the father who tried to hang himself survived with injuries, police said.
The 38-year-old Indian woman, her 22-year-old son from an earlier marriage and her 20-year-old sister hanged themselves on Wednesday in their residence in Karama, a predominantly Indian locality, in an apparent suicide pact.
Financial problems were behind the tragedy, according to a note left by the family.
The locality next to the popular Lulu centre, owned by an Indian expatriate businessman, was abuzz with personnel from fire forces and police who received a call about the tragedy.
The woman`s husband who runs a business has been rushed to the hospital and is also being questioned by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor