Indian family ends life over financial woes in Dubai
Dubai: Three members of an Indian family in Dubai – a mother and two children – committed suicide but the father who tried to hang himself survived with injuries, police said.
The 38-year-old Indian woman, her 22-year-old son from an earlier marriage and her 20-year-old sister hanged themselves on Wednesday in their residence in Karama, a predominantly Indian locality, in an apparent suicide pact.
Financial problems were behind the tragedy, according to a note left by the family.
The locality next to the popular Lulu centre, owned by an Indian expatriate businessman, was abuzz with personnel from fire forces and police who received a call about the tragedy.
The woman`s husband who runs a business has been rushed to the hospital and is also being questioned by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees