Indian gets jail for molesting girl in Dubai
Dubai: A 41-year-old Indian worker here
faces six months in jail after being convicted of molesting a
nine-year-old compatriot girl.
The Dubai Court of First Instance Monday convicted the
worker, identified only as V K, of molesting the schoolgirl in
a building`s elevator in the Naif area of the city.
The worker hugged and kissed the girl against her
Presiding judge Hamad Abdul Latif Abdul Jawad said the
accused will be deported after serving his punishment.
"Yes, I kissed her on the lips," argued V K when he
pleaded guilty in court.
When judge asked him why he kissed her on the lips,
the defendant contended: "I have been married for 18 years and
God did not grant me children. I kissed her because I don`t
The schoolgirl claimed during prosecution questioning: "I was walking back home, when suddenly the defendant walked
behind me into the elevator. He stopped the door from closing
with his arm and leg then grabbed my hand and kissed me. He
went out and ran away after I yelled at him and cried."
A policeman testified that he heard a girl screaming
inside one of the buildings in Naif, the Gulf News report
"I rushed inside to see what happened. I saw a person
running away. I asked the girl what happened and why did she
scream. She was quivered when she claimed to me that the
defendant molested her. I tried to chase him, but he
disappeared inside a building,” the newspaper quoted the
policeman as saying.
"Ten minutes later, I spotted him walking out so I
stopped him immediately. The girl recognised him and confirmed
that he was the one who kissed her," he added.
The primary verdict remains subject to appeal within
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?