Indian govt to repatriate five stuck in Dubai
Dubai: Five Indian workers stranded here for months due to non-payment of their salaries by a firm will soon be repatriated.
Official sources said seven Indians were left stranded after their company did not pay them from September last year. The Indian partner of the firm fled to India after leaving them in the lurch.
While one person has already been repatriated, another told the Indian consulate here that he wants to stay back and look for a job.
"We are in the process of repatriating the rest of the five," a source said.
The workers had been employed by Ortronics that undertakes sub-contracts to lay down cables.
The company`s owner Roydin Roach, who had hired the men for the cable work undertaken by his firm, had left for India without making any payments or arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections