Indian govt to repatriate five stuck in Dubai
Dubai: Five Indian workers stranded here for months due to non-payment of their salaries by a firm will soon be repatriated.
Official sources said seven Indians were left stranded after their company did not pay them from September last year. The Indian partner of the firm fled to India after leaving them in the lurch.
While one person has already been repatriated, another told the Indian consulate here that he wants to stay back and look for a job.
"We are in the process of repatriating the rest of the five," a source said.
The workers had been employed by Ortronics that undertakes sub-contracts to lay down cables.
The company`s owner Roydin Roach, who had hired the men for the cable work undertaken by his firm, had left for India without making any payments or arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!