Indian Haj pilgrim presumed dead found alive
Dubai: An Indian man who was believed to have died while on Haj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia has been found alive in Makkah.
Badarunnisa and Barkatullah from the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu had come to Makkah to perform Haj but were separated on the very first day.
Failing to find Barkatullah after searching for four days Badarunnisa concluded that her husband had died, the Arab News reported.
Other pilgrims in her group also came to the same conclusion.
The family Tuesday had arranged to conduct ceremonial final rites in India.
“I was in a state of shock,” Badarunnisa was quoted as saying.
“I was praying for my husband’s soul to rest in peace and I called the family back home in India to inform them to do the same,” she said.
But an India Fraternity Forum(IFF) volunteer discovered Barkatullah in the intensive care unit of King Abdullah Medical City in Makkah late Tuesday.
According to the Arab News report, it was later found that Saudi emergency crews had taken Barkatullah to Arafah by ambulance for performing Haj and then returned him to the medical centre.
Meanwhile, Barkatullah`s family in India had cancelled their Eid celebrations.
Saudi medical authorities tracked down Badarunnisa and also informed his son in Chennai that his father was alive.
Volunteer Ashraf said Barkatullah`s wife in Mina and his son in India both took some time to realise that their loved one is alive.
“It’s nothing short of a miracle for us as we firmly believed that he was dead,” Badarunnisa said.
“But we found him alive with medical care. It was amazing to know that Saudi authorities are providing such degree of care to foreign pilgrims,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly