Indian held in Qatar for killing compatriot
Dubai: A 43-year-old Indian man in Qatar has been arrested on charges of killing his compatriot with an iron rod at their company`s accommodation.
Santhi Shyam Krishnan Nair was taken into custody on Saturday for killing Mohamed Rizwanul Haq (26) after an altercation over some issue.
Nair, a resident of Thiruvananathpuram district, hit Haq with the iron rod when their fellow workers were away on Friday, Gulf Times reported. Haq was from Sindhri in Madhya Pradesh.
Both of them were both employed by an air-conditioning servicing firm.
Nair was arrested from a residential compound, where he had gone into hiding following the incident, more than 24 hours later, the report said.
A co-worker said the two had an altercation earlier in the day over some trivial issue but others intervened and dispersed them.
The accused allegedly followed Haq in the afternoon when he went to the roof of their compound and hit him using an iron rod, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit
- Brexit: London stock market plunges 8.0%
- Nadda reviews polio immunisation campaign in Telangana