Indian kills self after fight with wife in Dubai
Dubai: A 27-year-old Indian man allegedly committed suicide by here jumping off the 10th floor of his apartment building after a fight with his wife, police said.
The man, who had been married for a year, had a fight with his wife after which she left the apartment in Jumierah Lake area. He then jumped from the balcony and died on the spot, local media reported quoting a senior police official.
"This is a suicide and not homicide," Brigadier Khalil Ebrahim Al Mansouri, director of the Dubai police Criminal Investigation Department (CID), was quoted as saying by media.
Mansouri said that initial investigations and forensic examinations revealed that there was no suspicion of criminal act behind the incident.
"The man fought with his wife and she decided to leave the house (on Sunday)," he said, adding the husband jumped from balcony as soon as his wife left the house.
The body of the man, who was not identified, was sent for forensic examination while the police are investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars