Indian man searching for missing son in Dubai
Dubai: An Indian man is desperately searching for his 26-year-old son, who went missing in Dubai nearly two months ago.
Alwin Antony D’silva reportedly came to Dubai to work for a shipping company Sep 16 and went missing Sep 17, the Gulf News reported Wednesday.
Police found the missing man`s passport and all his belongings in his room near Al Rifaa police station here.
The father of the missing man said the same day his son went missing his mobile phone went off.
Alwin got a job in a company where his father, now retired, used to work.
“My son came earlier to Dubai for the visa process and he finished all the formalities related to issuing his work visa and then he went to India for a vacation,” Alwin`s father was quoted as saying.
“There has been no update from the police yet. I hope my son is safe and sound,” he said.
“I’m here on a visit visa to search for my son,” he added.
“The roommate said that his son told him that he would not be late but then he disappeared.”
The father of the missing man said that his son had just started work as an executive for a shipping company in Bur Dubai area here.
The family hails from India`s financial capital Mumbai.
The father said that the employer of Alwin has registered a missing person case with the Dubai police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days