Indian mission in touch with nationals on situation in Bahrain
New Delhi: Indian mission is in touch
with its nationals about the developing situation in Bahrain,
which is witnessing protests over the last several weeks but
government has issued no advisory against travelling to that
"Ambassador Mohan Kumar in Bahrain in touch with
Indian association about developing situation. No travel
advisory yet," Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said.
"...Have discussed contingency planning and reviewed
the situation in some depth and detail with our Ambassador in
Bahrain," she also tweeted.
The protesters in Bahrain allege discrimination
and lack of rights and are seeking political reforms including
restricting the country`s monarchy to a constitutional role
The ministry has already asked it nationals to keep a
low profile, stay indoors and to avoid all non-essential
travel within the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?