Indian Mujahideen "almost finished", says Shinde
Pune: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said Indian Mujahideen (IM) has been "almost finished" and claimed internal security situation in the country has improved under the UPA Government.
He said Naxal activities and insurgency in the North-East have declined.
"The Indian Mujahiddin (IM) cadre is almost finished with the capture of prominent IM leaders. The Naxalite menace and insurgency in the North-East, too, are on decline," he told reporters here.
The senior Congress leader was here to campaign for the party candidate from Pune Lok Sabha seat Vishwajeet Kadam.
IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and several other top operatives of the home-grown terror outfit, said to be behind a spate of bombings since 2008, have been arrested in the last few months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'