Indian Mujahideen "almost finished", says Shinde
Pune: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said Indian Mujahideen (IM) has been "almost finished" and claimed internal security situation in the country has improved under the UPA Government.
He said Naxal activities and insurgency in the North-East have declined.
"The Indian Mujahiddin (IM) cadre is almost finished with the capture of prominent IM leaders. The Naxalite menace and insurgency in the North-East, too, are on decline," he told reporters here.
The senior Congress leader was here to campaign for the party candidate from Pune Lok Sabha seat Vishwajeet Kadam.
IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and several other top operatives of the home-grown terror outfit, said to be behind a spate of bombings since 2008, have been arrested in the last few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing