Indian Mujahideen involvement likely in Bangalore blast: NIA
New Delhi: Investigators probing the blast in Bangalore have suggested that the Indian Mujahideen (IM) was behind the April 17 terror attack in the Southern city.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing the blast along with Karnataka Police, conveyed to the Home Ministry that the activists belonging to the IM were suspected to be behind the terror attack that injured 16 people, including 11 policemen.
Sources said the NIA has suggested that there were enough footprints -- including the modus operandi and explosives used in the bomb -- to come to the conclusion that the banned terror group, responsible for bombings in different parts of the country, was responsible for the Bangalore blast.
The investigators have found that Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) and Nitrate compounds were used to carry out the blast and these were hallmark of the Indian Mujahideen.
So far 50 eye witnesses have been questioned by the police while 80 pieces of explosive materials were recovered from the spot and all were being examined minutely.
The terror attack, outside the BJP office in Bangalore, took place on the eve of third anniversary of blast in Bangalore`s Chinnaswamy Stadium, which too is suspected to have been carried out by IM.
Making a statement in the Lok Sabha on the blast, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said the Home Ministry was working towards putting in place an explosive tracking system.
"We also need to strengthen the intelligence set up of the states. We have been advising the states on this, but we have not seen much progress," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof