Indian national shot dead in Philippines
Manila: An Indian national was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Oriental Mindoro province of the Philippines.
Police said Iqbal Singh, 27, was gunned down when he was on his way to his apartment in Lumangbayan in Calapan city around 5.30 pm on Tuesday, the Inquirer reported on Wednesday.
Iqbal Singh was single and stayed in the city since last eight years. He died on the spot after motorcycle-born men shot him.
“Both gunmen wore black jackets but the motorcycle driver was wearing a helmet while the back rider other wore a bonnet,” a police officer was quoted as saying.
Police said the motive for killing Iqbal Singh might be related to his lending business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?