‘Indian Navy on way to be world class force’
Visakhapatnam: The Indian Navy is well on its way to be a potent world class force, with 46 ships and submarines to be added in its fleet, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command Vice-Admiral Anil Chopra said on Wednesday.
Addressing the naval officers and civilians after unfurling the national flag on the 66th Independence Day today, Vice Admiral Chopra said even as the year gone by saw the Eastern Naval Command add stealth frigates, nuclear powered submarine and unmanned aerial vehicle squadron to its arsenal, now it has planned to include 46 more ships and submarines and a large number of aviation assets.
In the near future, the Command will be home to additional strategic platforms, anti-submarine corvettes, P8i long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft, MiG 29K fighter jets and advanced jet trainers, he said.
The Command has remained in the forefront with the Eastern Fleet leaving footprints all across the Indian Ocean region - from the Gulf of Aden to the West Pacific.
On the occasion, he urged all present to stand up to the security challenges faced by the nation.
A ceremonial parade was held at the Eastern Naval Command parade ground where Vice Admiral Chopra took the salute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!