Indian Navy shows combat skills
Chennai: Navy on Saturday exhibited its combat skills by conducting exercises including demonstration of Naval ships which ward off attacks by fast moving crafts manned by terrorists and pirates coinciding with the Navy Week celebrations here.
The "Day at Sea", conducted by the Eastern Naval fleet off the Chennai coast, featured ships including Landing Platform Dock (LPD) amphibious ship Jalashwa, Destroyers Rana and Ranvijay and the missile corvettes Kirpan, Kulish and Kirch participated in the demonstration, an official release said.
According to Commanding Eastern fleet, Flag Officer, Admiral P Ajit Kumar, the Eastern fleet is the "sword arm" of the Indian Navy formed with a wide range of extreme war fighting ships.
Jalashwa, designed to carry armed troops, missile destroyers of Soviet origin Rana and Ranvijay, equipped with anti-submarine torpedoes, surface to air missiles, K Class missile corvettes took part in the demonstration, it said.
A large number of exercises including demonstration of Naval ships which ward off attacks by fast moving crafts manned by terrorists and pirates, simulated missile firing demonstration, search and rescue by naval helicopters, were also demonstrated.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, senior government officers, and more than 2,500 guests watched the exercises, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside