Indian-origin cab driver shot in Malaysia
Singapore: An Indian-origin taxi driver in Malaysia was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while having dinner with his family.
A Siva, 36, was having dinner with his family in a restaurant at Puchong, a town in the Malaysian state of Selangor, when, around 9.30 pm on Tuesday, two masked men got down from a car, walked up to him and one of them fired at him, a media report said.
Siva, who was with his wife and eight-year-old daughter at the time, was rushed to a nearby clinic but died on arrival.
According to police, Siva was shot at least four times.
"We have the licence plate number of the car but we have to determine if it is a fake," The Star newspaper quoted police assistant commissioner Yahaya Ramli as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems