Indian-origin cab driver shot in Malaysia
Singapore: An Indian-origin taxi driver in Malaysia was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while having dinner with his family.
A Siva, 36, was having dinner with his family in a restaurant at Puchong, a town in the Malaysian state of Selangor, when, around 9.30 pm on Tuesday, two masked men got down from a car, walked up to him and one of them fired at him, a media report said.
Siva, who was with his wife and eight-year-old daughter at the time, was rushed to a nearby clinic but died on arrival.
According to police, Siva was shot at least four times.
"We have the licence plate number of the car but we have to determine if it is a fake," The Star newspaper quoted police assistant commissioner Yahaya Ramli as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security