Indian-origin cab driver shot in Malaysia
Singapore: An Indian-origin taxi driver in Malaysia was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while having dinner with his family.
A Siva, 36, was having dinner with his family in a restaurant at Puchong, a town in the Malaysian state of Selangor, when, around 9.30 pm on Tuesday, two masked men got down from a car, walked up to him and one of them fired at him, a media report said.
Siva, who was with his wife and eight-year-old daughter at the time, was rushed to a nearby clinic but died on arrival.
According to police, Siva was shot at least four times.
"We have the licence plate number of the car but we have to determine if it is a fake," The Star newspaper quoted police assistant commissioner Yahaya Ramli as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’