Indian-origin cab driver shot in Malaysia
Singapore: An Indian-origin taxi driver in Malaysia was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while having dinner with his family.
A Siva, 36, was having dinner with his family in a restaurant at Puchong, a town in the Malaysian state of Selangor, when, around 9.30 pm on Tuesday, two masked men got down from a car, walked up to him and one of them fired at him, a media report said.
Siva, who was with his wife and eight-year-old daughter at the time, was rushed to a nearby clinic but died on arrival.
According to police, Siva was shot at least four times.
"We have the licence plate number of the car but we have to determine if it is a fake," The Star newspaper quoted police assistant commissioner Yahaya Ramli as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'