Indian-origin cab driver shot in Malaysia
Singapore: An Indian-origin taxi driver in Malaysia was shot dead by unidentified gunmen while having dinner with his family.
A Siva, 36, was having dinner with his family in a restaurant at Puchong, a town in the Malaysian state of Selangor, when, around 9.30 pm on Tuesday, two masked men got down from a car, walked up to him and one of them fired at him, a media report said.
Siva, who was with his wife and eight-year-old daughter at the time, was rushed to a nearby clinic but died on arrival.
According to police, Siva was shot at least four times.
"We have the licence plate number of the car but we have to determine if it is a fake," The Star newspaper quoted police assistant commissioner Yahaya Ramli as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan