Indian-origin drug dealer jailed in UK
London: An Indian origin man, who pleaded
guilty to being a drug dealer, has been jailed at the
Manchester Crown Court for two years as part of the city’s
biggest crackdown on street-level drug dealing, the police
Prem Gabroo, 20, was one of 75 people arrested by the
Greater Manchester police on December 6 as part of Operation
Audacious which is said to be the city`s biggest crackdown on
The total number of people sentenced so far as part of
this operation is now 18, who together have received more than
43 years in prison between them.
Speaking after Gabroo`s sentencing, Chief Superintendent
Russ Jackson, who is leading Operation Audacious, said: "Another drug dealer has been taken off our streets and is now
behind bars, where they belong. This operation has shown that
regardless of your age, if you choose to get involved in the
sale and supply of illegal drugs, then you will pay the
He added: "We are sending a strong message to criminals in
Manchester that any form of drug-related activity is simply
not acceptable in any of our communities."
On December 6, police carried out 100 warrants at the
homes of those suspected of drug dealing across Manchester
divisions, as well as at addresses in Salford, Stockport and
The operation had been planned over a period of months.
For the first time, the actions of the police under the
operation were watched by more than 130 members of the
community, who were invited along so they could witness
first-hand how police are putting a stop to drugs activity in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...