Indian-origin man gets life term for killing wife
New York: An Indian-origin man, convicted of
going on a shooting spree and killing two persons including
his estranged wife in a Clifton church in New Jersey, has been
awarded a double life sentence without parole by a judge.
Joseph Pallipurath, 29, drove from California to New
Jersey in 2008 and shot to death two people in the St Thomas
Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church. A woman, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life, was also injured in the attack.
The victims were his estranged wife Reshma James (24) and
Dennis John (25), a parishioner who tried to help her.
"Nobody can understand or comprehend the feeling,
suffering and emptiness that my family and I have to go
through," Aley John, the victim`s mother, was quoted as saying
by the CBS News.
James` aunt expressed forgiveness. "We (the) James family
forgive you for all that you have done to Reshma," Maria
"Though a husband like you never deserve that."
Pallipurath received a consecutive 20-year sentence for
attempted murder for shooting Silvy Perincheril, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life.
"The court gave him what he deserved so there`s nothing
more we can say," Suja Auummoottil, aunt of Perincheril, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India