Indian-origin man gets life term for killing wife
New York: An Indian-origin man, convicted of
going on a shooting spree and killing two persons including
his estranged wife in a Clifton church in New Jersey, has been
awarded a double life sentence without parole by a judge.
Joseph Pallipurath, 29, drove from California to New
Jersey in 2008 and shot to death two people in the St Thomas
Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church. A woman, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life, was also injured in the attack.
The victims were his estranged wife Reshma James (24) and
Dennis John (25), a parishioner who tried to help her.
"Nobody can understand or comprehend the feeling,
suffering and emptiness that my family and I have to go
through," Aley John, the victim`s mother, was quoted as saying
by the CBS News.
James` aunt expressed forgiveness. "We (the) James family
forgive you for all that you have done to Reshma," Maria
"Though a husband like you never deserve that."
Pallipurath received a consecutive 20-year sentence for
attempted murder for shooting Silvy Perincheril, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life.
"The court gave him what he deserved so there`s nothing
more we can say," Suja Auummoottil, aunt of Perincheril, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video