Indian-origin man gets life term for killing wife
New York: An Indian-origin man, convicted of
going on a shooting spree and killing two persons including
his estranged wife in a Clifton church in New Jersey, has been
awarded a double life sentence without parole by a judge.
Joseph Pallipurath, 29, drove from California to New
Jersey in 2008 and shot to death two people in the St Thomas
Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church. A woman, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life, was also injured in the attack.
The victims were his estranged wife Reshma James (24) and
Dennis John (25), a parishioner who tried to help her.
"Nobody can understand or comprehend the feeling,
suffering and emptiness that my family and I have to go
through," Aley John, the victim`s mother, was quoted as saying
by the CBS News.
James` aunt expressed forgiveness. "We (the) James family
forgive you for all that you have done to Reshma," Maria
"Though a husband like you never deserve that."
Pallipurath received a consecutive 20-year sentence for
attempted murder for shooting Silvy Perincheril, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life.
"The court gave him what he deserved so there`s nothing
more we can say," Suja Auummoottil, aunt of Perincheril, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional