Indian-origin man gets life term for killing wife
New York: An Indian-origin man, convicted of
going on a shooting spree and killing two persons including
his estranged wife in a Clifton church in New Jersey, has been
awarded a double life sentence without parole by a judge.
Joseph Pallipurath, 29, drove from California to New
Jersey in 2008 and shot to death two people in the St Thomas
Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church. A woman, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life, was also injured in the attack.
The victims were his estranged wife Reshma James (24) and
Dennis John (25), a parishioner who tried to help her.
"Nobody can understand or comprehend the feeling,
suffering and emptiness that my family and I have to go
through," Aley John, the victim`s mother, was quoted as saying
by the CBS News.
James` aunt expressed forgiveness. "We (the) James family
forgive you for all that you have done to Reshma," Maria
"Though a husband like you never deserve that."
Pallipurath received a consecutive 20-year sentence for
attempted murder for shooting Silvy Perincheril, who is now
wheelchair-bound for life.
"The court gave him what he deserved so there`s nothing
more we can say," Suja Auummoottil, aunt of Perincheril, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore