Indian-origin man in New Zealand brutally assaulted
Wellington: A 25-year-old Indian-origin man in New Zealand is in a critical condition after he was brutally attacked by a man.
Tarun Asthana, a trainee teacher, is on life support in Auckland City Hospital, after he was attacked by the boyfriend of a woman whose dress the victim had complimented at 5.10 am on Saturday, The New Zealand Herald reported on Sunday.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested in central Auckland in connection with the case and charged with assault.
Eddie Lo, who was enjoying the night out with Asthana but left before he was attacked, said that the trouble flared after Asthana complimented the young woman on her dress.
According to the report, Asthana was punched in the head by the woman`s boyfriend and fell with his head striking the pavement.
“She had a go at him because she thought he was hitting on her, and then her boyfriend runs up and smashes him in the head and runs off. He was just complimenting her and she went psycho,” Eddie Lo was quoted as saying.
“It`s so tragic that this could happen to him,” he added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path