Indian-origin man in New Zealand brutally assaulted
Wellington: A 25-year-old Indian-origin man in New Zealand is in a critical condition after he was brutally attacked by a man.
Tarun Asthana, a trainee teacher, is on life support in Auckland City Hospital, after he was attacked by the boyfriend of a woman whose dress the victim had complimented at 5.10 am on Saturday, The New Zealand Herald reported on Sunday.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested in central Auckland in connection with the case and charged with assault.
Eddie Lo, who was enjoying the night out with Asthana but left before he was attacked, said that the trouble flared after Asthana complimented the young woman on her dress.
According to the report, Asthana was punched in the head by the woman`s boyfriend and fell with his head striking the pavement.
“She had a go at him because she thought he was hitting on her, and then her boyfriend runs up and smashes him in the head and runs off. He was just complimenting her and she went psycho,” Eddie Lo was quoted as saying.
“It`s so tragic that this could happen to him,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February