Indian-origin Sikh in Canada charged for killing father
Toronto: A 30-year-old Sikh man of
Indian-origin has been charged with homicide for beating his
father to death, police said.
Ranjit Rana Singh faces second-degree murder charges for
the death of his father Harinder Singh who suffered critical
injuries following an assault at their Calgary home in
December, they said.
60-year-old Harinder was admitted to a hospital where he
succumbed to the injuries "sustained during an altercation",
police were quoted as saying by the CBC news.
Ranjit fled after the incident although family members
deny any assault. He was arrested and questioned by police in
December for being `a person of considerable interest` in the
case. However, despite being a suspect, no charges were laid
against him at that time.
He was admitted in a mental hospital, but escaped from
there as well, following which police issued an appeal for
information in January. Ranjit was arrested on January 12.
Police said the killing of Harinder Singh might have
originated from domestic dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state