Indian-origin Sikh in Canada charged for killing father
Toronto: A 30-year-old Sikh man of
Indian-origin has been charged with homicide for beating his
father to death, police said.
Ranjit Rana Singh faces second-degree murder charges for
the death of his father Harinder Singh who suffered critical
injuries following an assault at their Calgary home in
December, they said.
60-year-old Harinder was admitted to a hospital where he
succumbed to the injuries "sustained during an altercation",
police were quoted as saying by the CBC news.
Ranjit fled after the incident although family members
deny any assault. He was arrested and questioned by police in
December for being `a person of considerable interest` in the
case. However, despite being a suspect, no charges were laid
against him at that time.
He was admitted in a mental hospital, but escaped from
there as well, following which police issued an appeal for
information in January. Ranjit was arrested on January 12.
Police said the killing of Harinder Singh might have
originated from domestic dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1