Indian-origin woman found hanging in UK committed suicide?
London: A 25-year-old Indian-origin woman found hanging at her home near Birmingham two years ago had committed suicide, an inquest concluded on Tuesday.
Birmingham Coroners Court heard how Neha Khanna had made several other attempts to commit suicide before her estranged husband, Mohammed Junaid, found her body in October 2012.
The couple`s relationship had broken down and Junaid had filed for divorce in 2011.
He had gone to check up on his wife at her house after she failed to get in touch with him on the day he found her dead. She was found hanging with her scarf from the stairs at her home.
Coroner Zafar Siddique recorded the cause of death as hanging.
"She died by way of suicide. She intended to take her own life. It`s a tragic loss of a young life," he added.
A neighbour, Kathryn Burns, said in a statement that she was leaving her house when Junaid ran to her screaming: "Help, help my wife."
She said: "He was hysterical, his eyes were wide and his face was pure panic. The man was pacing around, screaming and crying on the phone."
Neha was confirmed dead at the scene by paramedics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt