Indian-origin woman found hanging in UK committed suicide?
London: A 25-year-old Indian-origin woman found hanging at her home near Birmingham two years ago had committed suicide, an inquest concluded on Tuesday.
Birmingham Coroners Court heard how Neha Khanna had made several other attempts to commit suicide before her estranged husband, Mohammed Junaid, found her body in October 2012.
The couple`s relationship had broken down and Junaid had filed for divorce in 2011.
He had gone to check up on his wife at her house after she failed to get in touch with him on the day he found her dead. She was found hanging with her scarf from the stairs at her home.
Coroner Zafar Siddique recorded the cause of death as hanging.
"She died by way of suicide. She intended to take her own life. It`s a tragic loss of a young life," he added.
A neighbour, Kathryn Burns, said in a statement that she was leaving her house when Junaid ran to her screaming: "Help, help my wife."
She said: "He was hysterical, his eyes were wide and his face was pure panic. The man was pacing around, screaming and crying on the phone."
Neha was confirmed dead at the scene by paramedics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown