Indian Parliament mourns Japan tsunami deaths
New Delhi: India`s Parliament on Monday opened with the members expressing solidarity with Japan and mourning the deaths of tens of thousands of people killed in last week`s earthquake and tsunami.
"The Lok Sabha expresses its heartfelt condolences for the loss of lives and damage to the property in Japan," Speaker Meira Kumar said in the house as soon as the MPs assembled at 11 am.
The members later stood in silence for a few moments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world