Indian pilot dies mid-flight due to heart attack
Dubai: An Indian pilot working for Qatar Airwys has died mid-flight due to a massive heart attack after the plane took off from Manila, even as the aircraft landed safely at Kuala Lumpur.
Ajay Kukreja, 43, who has been working with the airline for five years, was flying QR645 with around 260 passengers on board yesterday when the tragedy struck.
When Kukreja complained of chest pain the co-pilot requested permission from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) authorities to land and asked that a medical team be on hand, a report in The Peninsula said.
The passengers on board were not told about the pilot`s condition, the report said adding that he was declared dead after the flight landed at KLIA.
The entire crew of the plane was then changed and it continued on its journey leaving Kuala Lumpur at 1.15pm and landing in Doha at 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you