Indian pilot dies mid-flight due to heart attack
Dubai: An Indian pilot working for Qatar Airwys has died mid-flight due to a massive heart attack after the plane took off from Manila, even as the aircraft landed safely at Kuala Lumpur.
Ajay Kukreja, 43, who has been working with the airline for five years, was flying QR645 with around 260 passengers on board yesterday when the tragedy struck.
When Kukreja complained of chest pain the co-pilot requested permission from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) authorities to land and asked that a medical team be on hand, a report in The Peninsula said.
The passengers on board were not told about the pilot`s condition, the report said adding that he was declared dead after the flight landed at KLIA.
The entire crew of the plane was then changed and it continued on its journey leaving Kuala Lumpur at 1.15pm and landing in Doha at 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan