Indian PM praises Gilani`s `positive role`
Islamabad: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Monday lauded his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani for
playing a "positive role" in improving bilateral relations.
Singh`s "gratitude" for Gilani`s role in improving
bilateral ties were conveyed to the Pakistani Prime Minister
by Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal during a meeting
here, an official statement said.
Sabharwal also conveyed the Indian Prime Minister`s
"good wishes" to Gilani.
Gilani reciprocated by extending good wishes to the
Indian Prime Minister and inquired about the health of
Congress president Sonia Gandhi and wished her an early
recovery, the statement said.
There was no official word from either side on other
aspects of the discussions between Gilani and the Indian
Since the two countries resumed their peace process after
a gap of over two years in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai terror
attacks, they have taken several steps to normalise relations.
Following Commerce Minister Anand Sharma`s recent visit
to Islamabad, the Pakistan government approved a move to
switch over to a negative list regime for trade, paving the
way for giving India Most Favoured Nation status by the
beginning of next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS