Indian prisoner dies in Lahore
Lahore: An Indian prisoner died of a suspected heart attack in a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city on Thursday, official sources said.
Zakir Mumtaz, believed to be a resident of a village near Amritsar, was admitted to Jinnah hospital yesterday after he fell ill, sources said.
Mumtaz, 50, died of suspected cardiac arrest, the sources said.
However, they said the exact cause of death would be ascertained after an autopsy.
The Indian national was arrested on August 3, 2011 for allegedly crossing the border illegally.
He was held in a jail in Sheikhaupura before being sent to Kot Lakhpat jail in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?