Indian prisoner dies in Lahore
Lahore: An Indian prisoner died of a suspected heart attack in a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city on Thursday, official sources said.
Zakir Mumtaz, believed to be a resident of a village near Amritsar, was admitted to Jinnah hospital yesterday after he fell ill, sources said.
Mumtaz, 50, died of suspected cardiac arrest, the sources said.
However, they said the exact cause of death would be ascertained after an autopsy.
The Indian national was arrested on August 3, 2011 for allegedly crossing the border illegally.
He was held in a jail in Sheikhaupura before being sent to Kot Lakhpat jail in Lahore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'