Indian prisoner dies in Lahore
Lahore: An Indian prisoner died of a suspected heart attack in a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city on Thursday, official sources said.
Zakir Mumtaz, believed to be a resident of a village near Amritsar, was admitted to Jinnah hospital yesterday after he fell ill, sources said.
Mumtaz, 50, died of suspected cardiac arrest, the sources said.
However, they said the exact cause of death would be ascertained after an autopsy.
The Indian national was arrested on August 3, 2011 for allegedly crossing the border illegally.
He was held in a jail in Sheikhaupura before being sent to Kot Lakhpat jail in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened