Indian prisoner dies in Lahore
Lahore: An Indian prisoner died of a suspected heart attack in a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city on Thursday, official sources said.
Zakir Mumtaz, believed to be a resident of a village near Amritsar, was admitted to Jinnah hospital yesterday after he fell ill, sources said.
Mumtaz, 50, died of suspected cardiac arrest, the sources said.
However, they said the exact cause of death would be ascertained after an autopsy.
The Indian national was arrested on August 3, 2011 for allegedly crossing the border illegally.
He was held in a jail in Sheikhaupura before being sent to Kot Lakhpat jail in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog