Indian prisoner dies in Lahore
Lahore: An Indian prisoner died of a suspected heart attack in a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city on Thursday, official sources said.
Zakir Mumtaz, believed to be a resident of a village near Amritsar, was admitted to Jinnah hospital yesterday after he fell ill, sources said.
Mumtaz, 50, died of suspected cardiac arrest, the sources said.
However, they said the exact cause of death would be ascertained after an autopsy.
The Indian national was arrested on August 3, 2011 for allegedly crossing the border illegally.
He was held in a jail in Sheikhaupura before being sent to Kot Lakhpat jail in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes