Indian professor found dead in Oman
Muscat: A 57-year-old Indian chemistry professor has been found dead at his university campus residence in Oman.
Hisham Abdul-Khader, an associate professor in the chemistry department in Sultan Qaboos University, was found dead last night.
"His body was found in his room. We came to know about the tragedy late on Friday night at around 10:30 pm. He was staying alone. Food that had been served was on the table. We don`t know whether it was lunch or dinner," The Times Of Oman cited sources close to the professor as saying.
A few people saw the professor going for his evening walk at around 7pm yesterday, the report said, adding he had made a phone call to his wife in India at 6pm.
The professor`s wife has arrived from Kerala and the police have sealed his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing