Indian professor found dead in Oman
Muscat: A 57-year-old Indian chemistry professor has been found dead at his university campus residence in Oman.
Hisham Abdul-Khader, an associate professor in the chemistry department in Sultan Qaboos University, was found dead last night.
"His body was found in his room. We came to know about the tragedy late on Friday night at around 10:30 pm. He was staying alone. Food that had been served was on the table. We don`t know whether it was lunch or dinner," The Times Of Oman cited sources close to the professor as saying.
A few people saw the professor going for his evening walk at around 7pm yesterday, the report said, adding he had made a phone call to his wife in India at 6pm.
The professor`s wife has arrived from Kerala and the police have sealed his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends