Indian professor found dead in Oman
Muscat: A 57-year-old Indian chemistry professor has been found dead at his university campus residence in Oman.
Hisham Abdul-Khader, an associate professor in the chemistry department in Sultan Qaboos University, was found dead last night.
"His body was found in his room. We came to know about the tragedy late on Friday night at around 10:30 pm. He was staying alone. Food that had been served was on the table. We don`t know whether it was lunch or dinner," The Times Of Oman cited sources close to the professor as saying.
A few people saw the professor going for his evening walk at around 7pm yesterday, the report said, adding he had made a phone call to his wife in India at 6pm.
The professor`s wife has arrived from Kerala and the police have sealed his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea